Pages

On Wednesday, June 22, 2011 0 comments

I am Marius Dominic P. Sanchez, a son of Mark Dominic and Ethel Sanchez. My parents have four children and I'm the third one. Currently, my mother is working as an accountant in New Zealand while my father is just staying here in the Philippines as a house husband. He hopes to go back to New Zealand again so that he can continue his work and earn some cash. My parents are doing their best to support us, their children.

The Sanchez family in NAIA 2. From left to right: Kuya Mike (eldest brother), Marius (me), Dad Mark, Mommy Ethel, Matt-matt (youngest brother), Kuya Miles (2nd eldest brother). The photograph was taken on May 5, 2008, the day of departure of my parents to New Zealand. If I'm not mistaken, this photograph is our first family picture even though it's now formal.

About my role, I am just studying hard here in Cavite National Science High School. My family has a high expectation for me to carry them and have a good future. My parents don't really depend on my eldest brother because he is very lazy. He may have the biggest brain in our family but he doesn't have the guts to survive. My second elder brother may have a good future but he's a little bit selfish. There might come a time that when my parents die, he might be greedy of the properties that we should receive equally. He might take advantage of us because he is the most witty in our family but he doesn't have the brains in Academics. And as for my youngest brother, well, I don't want to judge him negative point of views. Actually, he's not the most industrious in out family. Maybe he's not that lucky to inherit the intellect from our parents and grandparents. But who knows? Maybe one day he might get the jackpot from the property he will receive from our parents. We don't hold the future so we have nothing to do but to have high hopes for him.

OK! Now going back to my role and as what I've said or haven't I, I'm just an ordinary student who is  expected by my family to have a good future. That compliment touched my heart because I feel that I'm the only one who can do that in our family. Ironically, I don't really like that feeling but it's automatic in me and I can't resist it. All I really want for myself to be is being a simple and humble person.

Another role of mine, I think, is that I'm the man which is the most thrifty of all my brothers. I said it because when my parents are asking me what I want as a reward for my excellencies, I only let them save the money so that they can spend it on other important things. I have the eye and the mind and I can see what are the problems we are facing, like financial problems. Why will I buy things that I'm the only one who can benefit it when my family is suffering a problem? That is selfishness thus I must join with the flow. On the other side, when brothers are asked of what they want, they immediately reply what are their wants. And that's why I think that being the thrifty in the family would be my role.

I only said few of my roles but I think these would be enough to contribute well to the family. Other roles of mine are obvious. Of course, I have a supreme concern, appreciation, love and respect to my family. I won't live my precious life well without them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Luma