Pages

On Wednesday, August 03, 2011 0 comments

SKYXPLORE. Their aim is to promote astronomy awareness in the Philippines and help Filipinos rediscover their place in the universe. This mobile digital planetarium together with its useful and advanced learning tools helps students by sharing interesting discoveries about the universe and space technology. The services of this program are The Space Dome, Film Showing, Exhibit, Ask an Astronomer, and a special Stargazing moment.


At the time that their vehicle was going inside our school, I imagined how will they present interactive space stuff. The vehicle was small and it seems that things are messed up inside it. I didn't expect that to come. I just put up my trust on them because my 300 pesos will be wasted if I didn't appreciate it but when I realized at the end, it's quite good.

Our section, III - Oxygen, belonged to the first batch. I was excited because I really want to see if my imaginations and expectations are true. When I realized it wasn't, I just said it's OK because it's for the grade I can benefit from it.
The first station is the Film Showing. We went inside the Chemistry laboratory because it served as the cinema for the film showing. The windows were covered with black clothing and air can't get in. It was very hot that I can't understand what is the British scientist saying in the film. I brought a notebook for the lecture that time and it was a bad idea for me because my spot is not really good. When the film was already finished, I was disappointed while going out of the room because I didn't understand much about the film.

Then, we went to The Space Dome. I was really excited that time because it's obvious that it'll be the climax of that day. I can see the dome and hear the noise inside it. I was excited to go in while waiting. While we were inside, it was a bit dark. It's exciting! I wonder what space stuff can I see and learn from it. My spot there was very good. I'm near the center of the dome. The bad thing only is that my back hurts every time. I learned a lot from the Space Dome. The effects are very good.

Next stop was the Exhibit. I was not excited that time. The room used for the exhibit is our room and I was already spoiled because I saw the pictures already before seeing them on the actual time. I am not really interested with the rocks they presented but I was shocked with the rocks' heaviness. Even though I wasn't interested with the rocks, I admired the pictures they showed. You can really see the wonder of the universe with those high-quality pictures.

The last station was the Ask-An-Astronomer. I learned more space stuff again but not a lot. I was disappointed again because the question I passed to them wasn't entertained.

The Stargazing part was canceled because it was cloudy at that time. I hope that we'll experience that because this moment is like once in a lifetime.

Even though I didn't enjoy much of SKYXPLORE's services, I still appreciate their effort and great intelligence that is shared to us. I really hope that they will go to our school to entertain us again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Luma